Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deck Drive Belt Rub on Landlord

bowhunt4life

When I picked up my landlord I noticed there was some belt rub on the deck. Not sure if this is "normal". I adjusted the deck heigth to just the way I want the grass cut and when the deck is down there is just enough clearance. So should I just leave it the way it is or is there a way to make and adjustment for additional clearance without screwing up my cutting height? Here is a picture of the deck down in simulation grass cutting mode;

Thanks, Chris

Good to know. I am assuming it is the status quo and will leave it as is. Doesn't affect the functionality at all. Thanks!

i have the same problem here too with my tractors^ b 10 and the landlord id say its commonsm01 unless were all doing something wrong OO

Same here on my 2010. I don't see any way to prevent it. Especially if you're traveling over uneven ground where the back of the deck is moving up and down a lot. Moles anyone? 8C

Well, as I have heard before, "Get used to it". I tried everything to make it go away on my 65 Landlord. I use the tractor for cutting everything from the yard to the woods, to almost a hay patch, and mulching leaves in the fall through the winter, as my yard is actually in the woods. I just found a sweet spot that the belt doesn't drag, and the mower still cuts at a nice height and leave it there. And as Shaun said, be sure to disengage the PTO before raising the deck.