Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rearend Swap

BMinor8806

Does anyone know if a Hydrostatic rear end from a Simplicity 3212H will bolt up to an Allis-Chalmers B-112? I need to fix my Variable and I was just going to switch it to Hydro. Brandon

The Vickers hydro uses long side plates so the tractor wheel base will be 48", the same as the stock B-112. You might have to change the BGB cover plate so the fill elbow clears the Vickers hydro reservoir. When I converted my B-110 to a HB-110, the 45 deg fill elbow on the B-110 gearbox hit the reservoir. I might have been able to change the elbow, but didn't want to mess with the pipe thread into the thin cover plate and risk a leak.

Thanks again, I am getting the whole rearend including the BGB. Also will the PTO assembly mount between the frame side plates?

Swap it out with BGB and all as a unit. Are you getting the control lever and quadant for the hydro also? It will bolt into the existing holes for the vari lever on the B-112.

Guys, will my rear lift rod from my B-112 work with the reservoir in place? The pics I have received look like it may be in the way.

Yes, the lift rod will fit. It just clears the reservoir. If it rubs the side, you could bend it a little for clearance, or move your rear lift to the left, slightly.

Guys, I was looking at the donor tractor and it seems it is missing the Clutch / Brake rod and the brake band and rod. Does anyone have any spares of these parts laying around for cheap?

Will the double hinged seat pan from my Variable fit over the Vickers Hydro. The other seat pan is kinda in bad shape cosmetically? Brandon