Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Newbie with a 7016H

wis34

Hi Guys.. Proud new owner of a '75 simplicity 7016h. And I LOVE it! My question (2 actually) is...it's a manual lift, and to fully raise the deck,or grader blade, I have to pull the lever all the way past the last notch. Does anyone know how long the lift cable is supposed to be? Question 2 is in regards to rear implements(which I don't have).....is there somewhere i could find a diagram of how to hook up a rear lift? Thanks for any help! I've only had my tractor for about a week and I allready am as impressed with it as I am with my '61 Gravely walk behind. They are both beasts!

The rear lift kit mfg # is 1690404; enter the number here: http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/index.cfm?rd=1 and operating manuals and parts list are available. The 7016H is a great tractor. Enjoy it.

Your cable lift for the center attachments is normal. The OEM cable is in my opinion too long. Most people pull the cable through the clevis that attaches to the deck and ad another cable clamp or two and this shortens the cable without cutting anything.

If you are interested in the rear lift the rear lift kit is no longer available. But all of the pieces are available. The only difference is instead of ordering one part number (rear lift kit) the dealer must order each part separately. There has been much discussion about the rear lift the price is about $200.00 but you can find the parts cheaper. Do a search and see what comes up. Rick.......

If you set the mower deck to it's lowest possible cutting height you will use most of the lifts travel raising it, at it's highest cutting height the lift will barely lift it off the ground. There needs to be slack in the cable to allow the deck to float when cutting. Also, there is very lttle clearance for the mower drive belt when raised on 3300, 3400, and 7000 series tractors. I would take a close look at that before shortening the cable.

quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
If you set the mower deck to it's lowest possible cutting height you will use most of the lifts travel raising it, at it's highest cutting height the lift will barely lift it off the ground. There needs to be slack in the cable to allow the deck to float when cutting. Also, there is very lttle clearance for the mower drive belt when raised on 3300, 3400, and 7000 series tractors. I would take a close look at that before shortening the cable.
This is informative Larry. Having a 3400 and 7000 series, I noticed the length seemed excessive. Now I know why.

wis34 look in the classifieds on this site. Always some thing for sale all thought you may have to be a member. But that is 10.00 very well spent;)