Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dodgeman

rear tiller

dodgeman
I have a Allis Chalmers 416s tractor and I would like to know if a Simplicity tiller would fit it? Will the shuttle drive pull it without any problems? The AC is a pretty tough tractor I think, I just want yalls opinion on this. If anybody got one and close to Lexington,North Carolina and wants to sell it let me know. Any information will be appreciated.

hotwire
Hey Dodgeman, I'm up in Winston. Dont have one for sale, but thought i'd tell you, i have a Simplicity 7013 shuttle drive and a tiller and the shuttle can run it with no problems, but a high / low would be nice. 1st gear is still too fast to till without the splitter.

stump_fiddle
Do any of you know which pulley the tiller belt should be placed on with a 3416S Sovereign? Larger or smaller (inside or outside)? Also, does the oil in the gearbox benefit from periodic replacement?

SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by stump_fiddle
Do any of you know which pulley the tiller belt should be placed on with a 3416S Sovereign? Larger or smaller (inside or outside)? Also, does the oil in the gearbox benefit from periodic replacement?
Runs on the outer groove. Supposed to be a 5/8 belt. I've used 1/2" belts in a emergency, but they tend to slip. The outer pulley groove is also used for the Vacuum attachments, but those do use a 1/2" belt.