Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JimDk

Simplicity Orange

JimDk
Here are a couple of pictures of my newly painted hood for color comparison with a new deck housing. This is Thom (member,firefoxz) formula of 5 parts Allis orange and 1 part Ford red. This is the economy Valspar paint from TSC.

sammiefish
Nice match!! Can you tell me which new deck housing is pictured? 42/4 or 48? and for what model? If you could post or send some pics of the housing alone Id be interested to see the details.... Im thinking its the same housing used on the 3/400s

JimDk
Chris, That housing is for a Mod. 6116, mfg. no. 1690422. It is a 48", and I don't know if it is the same as 300/400 series. It belongs to our granddaughter and her husband. I normally shy away from the vert. shaft tractors due to my lack of knowledge of them, but I volunteered to help refurb their deck and get the tractor up and running. Wish me luck.??? I can get you a picture of it, if you need it. SLI can send you the correct one for your tractor. Give them a call. I posted the color match as there was some earlier doubt that my paint on the round hood hydro project was close to original. I think it is close enough. Jim

Sign in to follow this