Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally scored some CL Wheel Weights

CDeHeer

Been searching for some wheel weights for some time. Finally found a pair on CL in the neighboring town. Cast Iron 55#'s per. Went straight to paint.

Originaly a faded yellow, now S Orange.

Anyone know the make? Installed with 1/2" x 6 1/2" Carriage bolts.

Inspired me to paint the rusty hood as well.

Back to work.

Pulled the fence from the garden, Figured why let the squasch bugs have it all so I opened it up to the deer and bunnies as well.

Yep, Wheel Horse, and super hard to find at that.Originally White in color. Could probably sell them to a Wheel Horse collector for enough to buy 2 or 3 pairs of Simplicity/Allis flat weights:D

I have the simplicity 27 or 23lb weights...with me on the back that seems like enough... 50 has to really help!

"Could probably sell them to a Wheel Horse collector for enough to buy 2 or 3 pairs of Simplicity/Allis flat weights".......Yep, I did exactly that with a set;)

Where in the heck did you find 2 or 3 sets of Allis/Simplicity Weights? I paid what I thought was a premium for these and after primer and paint would not let them go for $200.00.

Funny you say that. I have a set on my tractor for year round and another set that I still have not parted with...

$100 http://cgi.ebay.com/Simplicity-725-Tractor-Cast-Iron-Wheel-Weights-/370417094602?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Those are not Simplicity/Allis chalmers wheel weights and they can be bought for less than a hundred dollars a pair. the usual going price is $1.00 a pound.

A top rated seller? Bogus description?
quote:

the usual going price is $1.00 a pound. I guess I didn't pay such a premium after all.

• 2 months later...
I had 6 of these weights let a set go with my sunstar and have 4 left now, use 2 each side my on my beast. Not very impressed with the simplicity allis weights they are light but can be stacked easily and do have the center service hole. The old deere weights I had on my cub 1862 had to be 100lbs each but did not pull them off when I sold it. Have seen them deere weights on ebay for a couple hundred.