Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ka9bxg

filling tires with fluid

ka9bxg
I was at the Dodge County tractor show in Wisconsin today .Was talking to a guy that has a really nice 7025 Yes he re powered it. we were talking on how he filled his tires with solution .Gave me a easy way of doing it.Take out the valve stem on the tire, let the air out.Take a regular weed sprayer( 2 Gallon works great) take off the complete sprayer end.Put the hose on the stem and pump the sprayer a few times let it sit.After a few minutes the tank will be empty. Let the pressure off on the tank and do it again till the tire is as full as you want it.No cost if you have a sprayer around. I will try it soon as I have a lot of tires to fill. Had a great day and was able to see a few members of the club. Bob

timflury
Hi Bob. It was nice to put a face to a username at the show this past weekend. I loaded the tires on my LL with the -20 degree washer fluid. I bought the schrader valve adapter fron TSC, but it took an awfully long time to fill the tires as well as the job being really messy. I ended up taking an old squirt bottle of gear oil that I cleaned out and filled the tires with it. It took less than an hour to fill one tire. With the 23x8.5x12 tires, each took about 5.5 gallons of fluid to fill.

rsnik
I have never tried it, but from reading posts over the years I seem to recall this method: demount and deflate the tire and lay it on a hard, flat surface. Apply discreet pressure by whatever means to break the bead of the tire at one point on the top side of the tire. Pour the windshield fluid in through the gap. Release the pressure and inflate the tire. Done.