Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MowerMechanic

opions please

captainweezy
You can always figure the tiller is worth $150-$200 if all is in order and works well, $100ish for the front blade depending on if it is spring loaded or has a remote angle etc.... I will let someone else talk about the tractor that is more knowledgeable about that model. My opinion is if you have cash, tell him you have cash and want a deal then make your offer. just my opinion good luck

rsnik
The 300 and 400 series A/C tractors were designed as a reaction to the Justice Department filing an Anti-Trust suit against A/C claiming that A/C and Simplicity tractors were the same tractor despite the fact that they were made in different factories. The Justice Department prosecuted A/C because of strong anti monopoly sentiments that prevailed in those times. A/C designed the 300 series with Kohler engines instead of the Briggs engines used in Simplicity tractors and with no tin that would interchange with a Simplicity. No Simplicity attachments or implements would fit a 300 series A/C without an adaptor. Instead of the center cone clutch running off the BGB which Simplicity tractors use, the 300 series ran off a front clutch on the front shaft so as to be totally different from a Simplicity. The 300-400 series have their charms (some have extra wide rear rims) and have a devoted following, but I see them as a tractor designed by defense attorneys. They all had Kohler engines. If this has a Briggs...... My observation is that this is the best time ever to score on the tractor of your dreams if you have $1000 in cash. Tractor hunting is fun. Have some more fun. :D

MowerMechanic
Please dont shoot me but i really dont have a warm spot for A/C's, except my daughters 608. I like simplicity's i just thought this thing was a bit over priced and knew where to go to find out. thanks guys

acfarmer
Any garden tractor that has the full size tractor name on it like AC,Ford, MF etc has a ready made market from those that collect or used the large tractors.I know several people that bought AC 720 tractors because for he AC name and wouldn't have considered a Simplicity 9020. Also full size tractor collectors would see the $1000 price tag as reasonable compared to what they have been buying.That said I think its priced about double what it'll sell for