Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bull_79

Belt #'s For 1964 Landlord?

rsnik
Brad, The Manufacturer Number for a '64, 9 hp, electric start Landlord is 990308. Click on Club Home. Look to the right and see Manual Search. Enter 990308 and it will pull up the original manual, which you can print out. I just took a quick look and the Simplicity part # for the drive belt is 154273. S/G belt number is 122146. I have never had any luck using anything but genuine Simplicity belts for the drive belt and S/G belt. Only the real ones work right.

Bull_79
The # on mine is 990314 does that make a difference? I found the #'s for all the belts but it doesn't have a breakdown for the mowing deck and belt #. When I bought this tractor it had all the belts except that one so nothing to compare.

rsnik
Brad, 990314 is the number for the same tractor, only manual start instead of electric start . I just checked. 308 (electric start) and 314 (manual start) are both covered in the same manual. I think you have to look up the manual for the deck to get the Simplicity deck belt #. I have a 2010 and a 101 with 42" decks and I need that belt too. Hopefully somebody will jump in here and we will both know. :D

rsnik
Thanks Levi, It's still kind of clear as mud. The chart does not list the arbor belt(s) for round hood Landlords. The length to part number chart does show a 110.1" belt with a part number of 108514. That number is listed right next to several other early Landlord belt numbers and is the only belt over a hundred inches. When I get around to it I think I am just going to call Al Eden's parts department (1 800 462 2218) sm00