Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs On-Off Switch

LogDog

Hi Guys, Hope someone can help me out. I have a 10Hp B&S Vanguard engine out of a generator. I adapted it to a log splitter and was running great. Then one day it stopped. Pinched coil wire as things turned out. In troubleshooting I pulled out the center faston of the On-Off switch. This engine has the low oil shutdown so the switch has 3 fastons. I can't find the guy I bought the engine from to find out the generator # and trace the switch, the engine number goes back to a Briggs 6 pin On-Off switch that doesn't have the circuit I need. The switch is a Carlingswitch LRA001 Terminal#1 is Ground (-), Terminal #2 goes to the Low Oil Shutdown (-), Terminal#3 goes to the Coil(+) The lamp is a 2.5V. Carlingswitch said go away, special switch for either B&S or generator. Local B&S shop tried but if it doesn't come up on the microfiche that's it, they're done. The switch is a lighted red rocker with 3 faston's and a cut out of 1.125 X .550. Anyone know what the Briggs part number is, or where I can get one, or have one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mouser Electronics could probably set you up. They handle industrial electronic supplies from cell phone size to heavy machinery since you have specifications. They have a rather extensive online website or you could talk to an operator.