Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tractor I.D.

swampjeep

OK, I'm new here, and new to tractors. I know what I have is a 7116, but I'm trying to see what year, or anything else I can find out about it. the number on the frame is 1691383, acording to the chart is says that is for an Allis-Chamlers 916, but I can't find the year, and mine is a simplicity. Has the frame been changed out? or is the number used for both? also, I have a orange and white hood. I recently seen a 7117 with an all orange hood, what's the difference? purely a model year/color differnce? is there any other change between the years? thanks in advance

where would I find teh number on the motor? also is there any clues to years based on colors? I've seen: orange frame with white/orange hood black frame with white/orange hood black frame with darker all orange hood

The newer 16hp used in the 7116 that I have ever seen have the model number, type and date code stamped at the top of the flywheel shroud the older 16 hp had them at the bottom of shroud right behind carb and near the top of the frame.

Didn't Simplicity use a B/S engine and AC use a Kohler on those tractors? My 716H came from the factory with a 16 Hp Kohler, while the 7016 Simplicities had 16 Hp B/S engines. I am thinking this tractor may have been repainted with Simplicity stickers installed.