Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
steve-wis

rim size change?

steve-wis
Hi all, My Allis 810gt has 20X8-10 tires on the rear, meaning 8 inch wide and 10 inch rim, 20 inch tall. I want to put ag style tires on it but can't find any in this size. There are some 20X10-8 available, and I think I can fit the extra 2 inches of width. My question is.... are there rims around that will fit that are 8 instead of 10 inch? These are the rims that slip onto a 3/4 inch shaft, not bolt on rims. Anyone have any advice? Steve

timflury
These are close, but not the exact size you're lookin' for Steve. http://cgi.ebay.com/18x8-50-10-Carlisle-TRU-POWER-Ag-Lug-tire-4ply-NEW-/270318504775?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0 Do you have 8" or 10" diameter rims?? Also, I would give Morrow Tire Supply, or Miller Tire a call and see if they can fix you up.

steve-wis
Thanks Tim, I have looked at the available tires. Just thought that if I could find a set of 8 inch rims that would fit the tractor, I could mount the ag tires on them and have my turf tires mounted on the ones I have now. My rims are the ones that slide over a 3/4 inch shaft and have a 3/8 bolt thru the hub and axle to drive it. Does another tractor have 8 inch rims that would fit? Maybe older fdt's? Steve