Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JMAC

Ark 700 loader spool valve

JMAC
I installed this loader on my 4041.The problem is the raise and lower leak down.There are no leaks anywhere.I need to know if the spool valves are rebuild-able or not,and what do i look for if i need to replace the spool valve.Thanks in advance for the help.Jerry.

HubbardRA
Usually the valves are rebuildable. In most cases all you will need to do is replace a few O-rings. If you need to replace it, you can use any valve that is rated for the same pressure and flow rate. If the valve is not exactly the same size, then you may have to modify the mount. Hydraulics are usually pretty easy to re-fabricate, even if you can't find the exact parts.

midnightpumpkin
Does this loader have normal lift capacity? I went through a similar issue with the rear lift cylinder on my 4041. It turns out the cylinder had an internal leak. If this is the case the cylinder(s) will not have normal lift capacity and will not hold position under load. You might try swapping cylinders with the bucket tilt cylinders to verify that the problem is in the cylinders or the spool valve. John U

JP
You might want to check the cylinders. If you or the unit have done lots of lifting, the piston orings wear out. They're REAL easy yo repair, circlips & fittings. StanD might remember the packing kit number & who has them... :D

JMAC
Does anyone know the specs on these control valves,brand,flow,etc? How do you get the spools out,where to buy parts etc?Do they have a check valve,if not can one be installed? All i have is the owners manual(not much there)is there any other manual available? Thanks.

wilm169
Should be a cessna valve, any good hydraulic shop should be able to get the parts. I just took one to a shop here and they had to order the seals and they had to be made but I got them. I don't know if this will help or not this is off the danco loader. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8cuN7rE3CSl5kbp796Dq