Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

early landlord

ReedS

Well after 10 years or so of ownership I finally sold my trusty 63/64 is 9hp Landlord. On it's way to the west coast! Here's how it looked after my last cleaning, long may it run!
[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/016a.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/017a.jpg[/img]

I sold that one because it was the one he was interested in. I have too many and some have to go, simple as that. Yes I am sad, but I must move on, it's almost like a divorce. I loved that tractor but I can't be married to it any more. Not that it was a bad tractor just need change.

Oh remember the day I saw that when I bought that 101. I tell you one thing Reed I'll never get rid Of that 101. Nice tractor I wish I had the money to buy It

Tim, Na the lift and hi/lo went with the tractor. Just the way it goes, I don't want a lift just have it sit and I already have part of a hi/lo on the shelf!

I had one just like that, not quite as clean though. Traded it to Dan AKA Rokon2813 for my HB112. I really like the HB but I still miss that Old Landlord..:(

I'll lose a arm or leg before I get rid of my old girl.

She's between the 728 Broadmoor and 3416H. She was my first large frame....I would ball like a baby if I was ever to the point of having to get rid of her.

I'm with ya there Zippo. I work on/sell a lot of them and the 1st gen landlord is still a warm fuzzy feeling when I get on it. Layout and feel are just where they should be. Was the seat on that one with the cross-ribbing original? If it wasn't it was pretty nice.

The cross ribbing was something I did and yes it was a nice seat! I will certianly miss her but as I said earlier I must move on. As the saying goes "when one door closes another shall open". I've closed that door and I'm in search of the next "door", what "it" is will be a mystery til I figure it out, not to worry though as there are still 4 runners and a project 700 remaining. I'd dearly love to complete the 700 but I think it may be next summer's project as things have moved so slowly on that end this summer.

Hey Josh...in case you were talking about my seat....that is a NOS seat I got a couple years ago. I really like Reeds seat and the way it was pleated. I'm with you on having to put things off Reed...I've got a 725 project that's been on hold all Spring and now, almost all of Summer. With other projects being added daily I may get to the 725 by 2012...lol.