Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mikeman

Picked up a Squire 9

blind_eagle
Looks to be the equivalent to the '64 Landlord. If it has the 23D 9hp then you are looking at 990314 for the Simplicity model. If it is a '65-'66 10hp 990350 aka Landlord 101.

dentwizz
The 990314/990308 is the direct equivalent(1964) but the 990309 is a valid number for a manual but they probably decided it is similar enough to the Landlord to not need a separate book.

Vinnie_A
I picked up one of these years ago for free and completely restored it,painted it yellow with new Allis Chalmers B 10 decals. I believe the only Difference between the two are the seats,the color and the Squire 9 has all Montgomery Wards tires.Some say the Gold color Wards is more Valuable than the yellow AC B 10 but some how the gold color is not my favorite so I made it an AC B10.

mikeman
That is what I plan on doing is clean and replace worn stuff. As far as the year 23d type 0129 01 serial 83434 (april 1965) ? Also is the muffler original or is it suppossed to have the nelson? What is the original color of the grill white on the bottom and black on the top? Thanks