Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
joelk

GTH-L with 20HP Command are these and Good?

joelk
Looking at a GTH-L with at 20 HP Kohler command engine. Does anyone know if these engines are any good? I remember the late model Sover. had bad Kohlers, I just wonder if this is a problematic engine. Any insight would be appreciated.

305SS
Yes the triad is the one to stay away from. I understand that if they run hot it is possible it may have the sleeve start to come out the bottom. I have one but hope I do not have this problem. I like the engine a lot its quiet smooth and lots of torque.

Burntime
Joel, I would not touch that one. It is a replacement motor and I am told that those guys really coble stuff together. They pick stuff up that is gone and get it to run and try to sell it. If you want something nice it usually costs more... At least you should really know your stuff if you consider it. There is always a chance of a diamond in the rough. Heck the attachments are worth a good chunk even if the tractor is junk. More I think about it you could not really get hurt that bad if the attachments are in good shape and all the pulleys are there...