Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

All about my 1969 Landlord 2210

My grandfather bought it for my parents several months after they got their first house in 1969. That's the year I finished kindergarten. The entry in my grandfather's ledger says it was November 8. And the price was $1121.40 but I don't know if that was for the bare tractor, or if that included the mowing deck. Over the next couple years my grandfather and a neighbor across the street bought them all the impliments. It's got the power lift package, the 42" mowing deck, the 36" rear tiller, the 36" snowblower, the dump trailer with high capacity cover, and the vacuum collector. All tires are original. The starter/generator is original. The voltage regulator was replaced once. The seat and seat deck/fender assembly were replaced once. The fabric trailer cover was replaced once. The tie rod that goes from the pitman arm to the front axle was replaced once. The engine was replaced twice. We used the exact replacement engine, B&S model #243431. The muffler is the same as the original. The hydraulics still work well. I would have only replaced the engine once, but the first new one I bought was defective and only lasted a couple months or less. But the current engine is now about 8 to 10 years old. It starts instantaneously, even the first time I start it after it has sat all winter. Every summer I mow the lawns with it, using the vacuum collector. Everything works well except that the screen has partially ripped out in the vent in the trailer cover, so I have to keep the zipper most of the way closed. We also still have the parts and service booklets for the tractor and all the impliments/attachments.[A href='http://members.tripod.com/~hammerhead39/barry.html']http://members.tripod.com/~hammerhead39/barry.html[/a]

Barry, You have an interesting website. I'm a neighbor of sorts (Egg Harbor Township). Now I know of 3 Simplicity owners in Atlantic County. Just met another one of "us" last week in Elwood.

Excellent. I live about 4 to 5 miles from Elwood. I usually buy my gas there. About the Simplicity, I forgot to mention that it's been garage-kept all this time. It has never been outside overnight, or in the rain.

• 3 months later...
I have a Lanlord 2210 not sure about the model year with manual lifts. The base tractor was $886.65, center pto $31.20 the 42" mower deck was $164.30 less 30%. It was purchased in 6-24-1968 by my father.