Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My 212 - Completed with Strobes

adamf203

A few pictures of the tractor prior to starting the project...

And a few along the way...

And the final tractor

At the end I added some strobe lights. Heres a walk-around video of the tractor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm9cYI4pp5M

Super Job!!!dOd I like the tires, they add to that "beefy" tractor look. Will have to watch the video at work tomorrow. Greg

Great job. I also like to replace the hardware (nuts/bolts). That small touch adds a lot of class.

quote:
Originally posted by Michiganmobileman
Super Job!!!dOd I like the tires, they add to that "beefy" tractor look. Will have to watch the video at work tomorrow. Greg
Make sure you only watch the clip while you're on break!!!:D:D

The strobes are so ridiculously bright. The nice thing is that they are made in the USA, and not that expensive either. 4 years in the process, but its close to being done. Hopefully start another project soon.

The strobes are Nova SL Mini - 40 diodes in each of the lights. They are made by Nova Electronics, which is based in Connecticut. (http://www.strobe.com/about.html). Nova manufactures but doesn't sell the products directly. AW Direct carries them, but they are rather expensive. I found them at StrobesNMore (http://www.strobesnmore.com) based out of Rhode Island under $100 for both and shipping. The lights are available in both amber (mine) and red. Very easy to install - 3 wires; Red - Power, Black - Ground, and Blue - Monetary Switch. The nice thing about the lights is that you do not need to run a seperate monetary switch (as used in most tow trucks to switch between the flash patterns). You touch the blue wire to the red wire to switch between patterns (the light has 8 patterns built in - I have mine set on Random) and then seal the end of the blue wire, and your all set. The only issue that I didn't like is that no one other than AW Direct carries the bezzle for the light. I chose the black bezzle (also available in chrome). Both AW Direct and Strobes N' More are extremely easy to use. I ordered all of the parts on a Monday night (after 10pm) and they were at my house by Wednesday morning. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Looks great!!!! I picked up a B212 a few months back and plan on rebuilding over the winter as a project. What color did you use? And was it rattle can or gun? Thanks

I almost cringed when I saw you were starting to paint it orange, but it turned out just perfect, it almost looks better in orange than yellow. Well done!

The color is Omaha Orange. The color is used also by municipalities for their trucks (i.e., Peterbilt, Kenworth, Ford, etc.). It was sprayed with a gun at Crossroads Autobody, Danbury, CT.

Thanks for the info. I actually buy all my specialized tiedowns from AWDirect. They are a little pricey on most items though.