Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
THEPATRIOT

New 7790!

THEPATRIOT
I picked this up today out of a guys weeds!It was last ran this past spring.It crapped out after getting a little water in the fuel,he left it outside and water got in through the fuel cap.Shortly after the guy lost his job,and now his home so it just sat.He moved to an apartment and had nowhere to keep it or a way to get it going.The first pic is from my cell phone(forgot to bring digital!).I can't wait to get this running 8D.

THEPATRIOT
Well i did a little work tonight.Drained the water/fuel,replaced the battery and fuel filter.It's pumping fuel,but i think the injectors are dirty.Anybody know where i can get some info on how to service the fuel system?

UCD
Bleed the fuel lines at the injectors. Crack the line at injector and crank over untill fuel comes out. tighten line and repeat for other injector. New injectors are $180.00 + each. Make sure air filter is clean.

THEPATRIOT
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
That tractor looks to be in darned good shape. Hope you get it figured out and running. Great candidate for a full restore!
The guy was older,he said his father bought it new and it dosn't have many hours on it(no meter).I believe him,it's real straight and everything is super tight with no slop.The engine is even very clean,i was expecting a sludge bucket!It just sat outside in the elements unfoutunatly. EDIT-Just curious,how much do these sell for on average???From a good running original to a restored tractor?

THEPATRIOT
She runs!!!!Like a Swiss watch too,ok maybe a fine Itailian piece 8D.Runs and drives nice.Throttle cable seems to be froze,i can rev it up at the pump fine though.So far so good.

Sign in to follow this