Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Dadsy98

1st attempt for picture post

Dadsy98
Thanks Dutch ! Pictures are the easy part. Ever since I saw this guy and brought it home My life has changed. Now, it's Sex, Drugs, Rock n Roll AND Garden Tractors ! Pictures here seem easy ... after I figured it out ! I'll pose with the tractor if the price is right... :)

Dadsy98
Thought I'd try to place a picture in this post. My AC312... Cool it worked. Sharp observation will show that this is not factory original. the shifter lever is extended and the Kohler engine is a K341. the frame has been cut to accomadate the larger engine. She always starts right up and purrs for me. Yesterday I used a friend's 42" roller to terrorize the many families of moles in parts of my yard. Geesh! takes a long time to fill that roller! http://dadsy.homestead.com/files/ac312_19s.jpg

Dadsy98
Nice powerhouse!. I revamped a couple of tractors in my time. Took a Bolens and stretched it out to accomodate a water cooled 4 cyl. Ford indrustrial engine. My kid brother has used it for about 15 years now. Also took a General Electric "electric" lawn tractor and made a hydrostatic tractor out of it by putting in a 14 horse Briggs & Stratton, hydraulic vein speed control, left the 3 speed trans behind it, put hydraulic motors on the lift and the mower & snow thrower drive with individual oil control throttles. Believe it or not the tractor would travel in a range of 1/4 mph up to 20 mph. The friend I did it for has been using it for about 20 years. The old days were fun when I was much younger and a little more ambition. I have seven tractors in my little collection I still play around with. Good luck! Marion W. Kerr