Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wchockensmith

ac 312H

wchockensmith
i'm a newbee here just purchased an AC 312H today with blade, mower deck & rear tiller the brake pedal is depressed and the l lever on the i think the parking brake is there some web sites to look at manuals? thanks in advance

JimDk
Wally, Welcome to the club. Always good to have another PA member. I am not familiar with the 300 series, but if I am understanding your problem, your clutch/brake pedal is locked down. There should be a slot in the right side of the frame with a "L" shaped handle. That is the brake lock and also de-clutches the hydro so the tractor will stay in one place. The little handle tightens a collar on a brake rod and my be frozen from rust if the tractor has been sitting. There is a right hand thread on this handle so you would need to turn it counter-clockwise to release the brake. You could hit it with some rust buster and tap the handle with a small hammer. It might release. If the engine is not running you will need to release the hydro to move it by hand. I believe that you have a Vickers hydro and the release lever is on the rear by the right wheel. Turn it towards the tire. Good luck, Jim

wchockensmith
thanks i thought that was what the l shaped handle was.there is no tension on the brake pedal like a spring is missing.the motor runs fine,just a little black smoke when it fires, matter of fact i drove it home mabey bout a mile or so.the hydro seems ok it increases speed and reverse works good

Mack
Operators and parts list manuals are available. The service manual is no longer available for free download but think you can purchase it from Simplicity. AC 312H = MF# 1600048 http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/index.cfm?rd=1