Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Name Q

Boney

Allis Chalmers was bought up by Duetz in the late 80's became Duetz Allis. Then Somewhere along the way , I dont know when 90's or later?, Agco bought up Duetz Allis. My understanding is that Agco also held White, which was the old Minneapolis Moline Co, Oliver, Massey Ferguson, and perhaps some others. I think there is a book on this somewhere. Recently I heard that it sounds like that Massey Ferguson name will be the name that is going to be piushed to the forefront and win out over all the other as a label for the company. I'm sure others in here know more than me on this.

Sam, You are correct about Massy, and the orange tractor guys are NOT HAPPY. Sandy Lake Implement has stopped selling new Agco products and only supplies parts for them. It is a sad ending for Allis Chalmers, a once great company. Jim

The wiki article is pretty good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGCO Sam had the short version. The only thing left of of Allis is that orginally AGCO when spelled out was Allis Gleaner Company and the logo was orange. Now the logo even turned Massey red.

When I bought my new Ultima 1920 in Sep. of 92, the dealer told me he couldn't guarantee what color it would come in. He said if they still had green ones on the shelf I might get one of those. I got the orange Agco. So I'd guess the change from Deutz to Agco came around that time.