Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
scottflugum

B tiller on a 7112, need some tips

scottflugum
Does anyone have any tips for mounting a b series tiller on my 7112? I could use some help with belt size and proper routing of belt. I believe the short belt from the rear mounted pully to the tiller should be the same as off my 3114V? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! scottflugum@gmail.com

RayS
Is the 7112 a hydrostat? If it is does it have a remote oil filter mounted between the side plates or is it on the Sundstrand pump? If the filter is mounted between the two side plates you won`t need anything.

scottflugum
It's a 7112 Hydro. The filter is a remote mount that hangs down in the middle. There is no problem with the filter. My problem seems to be with the belt from the pto to the pully system I mount on the rear of the tractor. I have no way of getting a belt to tighten up. Is there another idler pully assembly that i need? Thank You!

RayS
What is the tiller size? A 32" for a B series has two belts. B series used a PTO on rear of tractor. A 36" tiller uses a 5/8" X 96.1" long belt. Uses the same length bely for 3200, 3300, 3400, 7000 and 7100 series tractors. Has a idler pulley and bracket on rear of tractor. Do you have a picture you can post or a tiller Mfg. number?

RayS
Here is a manual for a 32" tiller. This is for a B 10 and uses a 3" pulley on the BGB. A 7112H has a cone clutch and the pulley is 5". The 32" was designed to be used with a 3". Probably would spin a bit slower on your 7112H than on a B series with the right diameter pulley. The parts manual has mounting instruction for the B series and Simplicity equivalents. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aqI1rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

scottflugum
Thanks for your help. It looks like there should be a pulley tensioner for the belt that goes from the pto back to the pulley assembly. Am I missing that or is there another way to tighten up the belt?

RayS
I would try finding a 36" tiller that would work on the 7112H or a B 10 or a Simplicity equivalent that you can use the 32" tiller on. A 990392 is the same tiller with a different top. The manual for the 990392 is in the bottom link and the place to dowmload the manuals from is in the first link below. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/index.cfm?rd=1 http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aqM6rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq