Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B tiller on a 7112, need some tips

scottflugum

Does anyone have any tips for mounting a b series tiller on my 7112? I could use some help with belt size and proper routing of belt. I believe the short belt from the rear mounted pully to the tiller should be the same as off my 3114V? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! scottflugum@gmail.com

Is the 7112 a hydrostat? If it is does it have a remote oil filter mounted between the side plates or is it on the Sundstrand pump? If the filter is mounted between the two side plates you won`t need anything.

It's a 7112 Hydro. The filter is a remote mount that hangs down in the middle. There is no problem with the filter. My problem seems to be with the belt from the pto to the pully system I mount on the rear of the tractor. I have no way of getting a belt to tighten up. Is there another idler pully assembly that i need? Thank You!

What is the tiller size? A 32" for a B series has two belts. B series used a PTO on rear of tractor. A 36" tiller uses a 5/8" X 96.1" long belt. Uses the same length bely for 3200, 3300, 3400, 7000 and 7100 series tractors. Has a idler pulley and bracket on rear of tractor. Do you have a picture you can post or a tiller Mfg. number?

By the way there is 2 belts, one that goes back to the tiller and the one that runs off the pto back to the tiller pully assembly.

Here is a manual for a 32" tiller. This is for a B 10 and uses a 3" pulley on the BGB. A 7112H has a cone clutch and the pulley is 5". The 32" was designed to be used with a 3". Probably would spin a bit slower on your 7112H than on a B series with the right diameter pulley. The parts manual has mounting instruction for the B series and Simplicity equivalents. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aqI1rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

Thanks for your help. It looks like there should be a pulley tensioner for the belt that goes from the pto back to the pulley assembly. Am I missing that or is there another way to tighten up the belt?

Thanks, it also looks like the belt size for pto pulley is smaller than the pulley for the pulley on the back, width wise. I've maybe bit off more than is possible...

I would try finding a 36" tiller that would work on the 7112H or a B 10 or a Simplicity equivalent that you can use the 32" tiller on. A 990392 is the same tiller with a different top. The manual for the 990392 is in the bottom link and the place to dowmload the manuals from is in the first link below. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/index.cfm?rd=1 http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aqM6rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq