Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bob56

Sicklebar Knife Bar Replacement?

Bob56
Hello, I need some info about my old sicklebar, its an Allis Chalmers with a mfg number of 2029966 & serial number of 1359. I just mounted last week on my 2110 thats been repowered with a B&S 16hp engine, the problem I had was the sicklebar was missing the knives behind the pusher connection (I didn't notice it until it was too late!) and when I set the pto to run the knife bar snapped into! I bought the sicklebar last year from a local farmer, he told me that it worked fine but I questioned it because at the very end one of the guard tips had been welded back on. The whole bar for knives only measures 42" and the book says it should be 46". All the knives are in good shape but I'm missing two and also 4" of the bar itself is missing! I wanted to know if there is any place that I could buy a new bar, or will I have to have one made! Thanks Bob Byrne Sr. (The New Simplicity Rookie!)

Bob56
Thanks For The Welcome Guy's, & Thanks For The Info Too! I Just Sent An Email To Howard, Maybe I'll Hear Back Soon. I Hope To Get Some Pictures On Here Of My Simplicity Machines In The Week Or So, That Is If My Camera Will Work!! Take Care And I'll Be Checking Back! Oh Yea, This Is One GREAT website!!

samson
Bob, If you can't find one I have an old one from yrs ago its 46 in long with one repair and most of the blades are either broken or missing you can have it for the postage. If you email me i'LL SEND YOU A PIC.