Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My 7125H build (New Pics 1-23-11)

HubbardRA

Well, I have told a couple of people about the item I purchased last week. I think I got a good deal so here is a couple pictures.

For those of you who do not know what this is from the pictures, it is a Kohler Command CH25 Pro engine. Yes it has 25 Hp. Now for the important part, I bought it off Craigslist for a whopping $150. I am putting it into a 7116H chassis, so I will have more pictures later.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HubbardRA

• Burntime

• Michiganmobileman

• cojo92

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Rod maybe we could do some horse trading;), nice looking engine. I should be around this weekend (Sept 4th or 6th, not the 5th) if you want to pick up the snow blower and hitch. Send me a PM if that works for you. jh

That engine must be somewhat larger than the CH18. It is sitting in the 7116H frame now, but not without the use of a grinder is some strategic areas. No pictures yet, and probably will not get to work on it again till next week. I promise I will have pictures of the engine going into the chassis very soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Here are some more pictures of the slow progress on my 7125H. First I think I should show you the junky 7116H that I am starting this project with.

The first two pictures are of the cuts that I made on the frame to make the engine sit properly. In addition to the cut I made for the starter clearance, you will also see a cut on the left that the PO had made for some reason.

This picture shows the cuts I made to give clearance for the voltage regulator on the other side of the chassisf.

Here are pictures of the frame areas after I did some welding and painting. First is the area where the PO had cut out the piece.

This next one is the Voltage Regulator cuts that I made after welding up the cuts and painting.

This picture shows one of the pieces of flatbar that I welded to the frame to move the grille forward and allow clearance for the muffler from the Grasshopper Zero-turn mower that the motor came off of. Moving the hood was easier than modifying the muffler.

This next picture shows the rear of the hood and how it currently fits the dash after being moved forward around 3.5 inches.

I plan to make an insert to the rear of the hood that will make it fit the dash properly. This is easier than lengthening the hood. Also I will probably just plug the hole for the gas gauge since the hood is too far forward and will also be raised enough to clear the gas fill. More pictures to come as I get more things done.

Wow, nice frame work! Too bad you don't have another hood around to mate it together. I am really looking forward to seeing this work out!

Mike, I originally was going to lengthen the hood, but decided that I didn't want to go through all the hassle of welding in plates and using bondo to try and make it look good. I think I can just add some plates in the rear and make that look good enough that most people would not know the difference. Wait till I am through with it. I think you will like the end result. Remember that this is a work tractor not a show tractor.

Rod, I have seen your work...thats why I want to see the finished product. Its the guys this kinda thing that makes me want to try new stuff. Heck, I had a welder and no plug in the garage for 4 years, now I have a stick, mig, 2 torch sets, a garage full of snowthrowers, a few hitchs:D and 5 tractors. I would never had the confidence to do some of the stuff I tried without seeing people like you play. Now its just left up to the imagination. If I come accross a 25 you are laying the blueprint:D

Rod, what if you took the front 2 inchs or so and just extended that instead? I would guess a cool stripe would hide any seams? Just a thought. I think it would be easy enough to tack in some tabs to mount to if you did not want to weld all of it. Not like your damaging the paint:D

Mike, My first plan was to put metal in at the very front just behind the grille joint. Fixing the rear is much easier. I have already started making my template for the parts. Won't be too long till I have more pictures.

Mike, I may be retired, but that does not mean that I can devote full time to tractors. My wife had an art show this weekend. I spent a large part of the week cutting mats and making frames for her art. I also had to do some work on my youngest son's car so he could take it back to college with him. I have also been working on a golf cart for my wife because she has very bad knee problems. If it doesn't rain all week, I may get the rear of the hood done.

Well, I got the piece made and welded into the rear of the hood today. I haven't put any bondo on it yet, but I did install the trim to check the fit. I think it fits pretty well. Should look nice once I get the bondo done and the hood painted. So far I am happy with the way it worked out. I still need to make a piece to plug the gas filler hole since it no longer fits the tank.

Nope, all arc welded with the Miller stick welder. You are seeing it after I ground the welds flat enough to apply bondo.

Looks good, ME and a stick welder dont see eye to eye. I have to use a mig. I give any one a pat on the back if they can weld light metal with a stick.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Tom45
    • maxwood
    • PhanDad
    • Bill725
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts