Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My 7125H build (New Pics 1-23-11)

HubbardRA

I guess everyone thought I was not going to do anything else this winter. I had done a little, but needed a warm-up so that I could spray some paint on the parts. Here are some pictures of the dash, hood, and runningboards after painting and installation on the tractor. I went with the later model decal and the orange hood because I have always been partial to the look of the AC tractors and never really cared for the white hoods on the Simplicities.

This next picture shows the new dash that I installed on the tractor. You can also see that the panel that I welded into the rear of the hood doesn't look too bad. The body work and paint is not perfect, but this is going to be a work tractor, not a show machine.

This next picture shows the hood. I preserved the decal on the grille that was around the headlights, but put new decals on the sides of the hood.

The parts are not perfect but they will do. Next will be to paint the rear fenders and the wheels before I finally do the complete engine install.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HubbardRA

• Burntime

• Michiganmobileman

• cojo92

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to thank you all for the nice comments. I just do things the way I think they should be done, in order for them to work the way I want them to. Believe me, I have ruined lots of things over the years learning how to put things together and make them work.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
I have to thank you all for the nice comments. I just do things the way I think they should be done, in order for them to work the way I want them to. Believe me, I have ruined lots of things over the years learning how to put things together and make them work.
Amen brother!

• 2 weeks later...
Made a set of hood tiedowns today. Can't beat the price of these when homemade. Bought a short rubber bunji cord at the hardware store for $1.79.

I then cut it to the required length and drilled a couple holes in each piece to fit the bolt and stud.

After that, all it needed was installation.

Easy to do and much cheaper than the factory tiedowns. Factory ones would not have worked anyway, since I raised the rear of the hood. These that I made are around 2 inches longer than the bactory tiedowns.

Thats a great idea! Will it move under its own power yet? I know you make the driveshaft coupler but is it all installed?

I love the 7125! I think somebody needs to do the 71350 to top this one. How do you get a v8 in a simplicity anyway?

Mike, Just to let you know, it is cold outside, and the tractor is sitting in the backyard. In cold weather I try to fix up things inside the house that I have been letting go. Right now I am slowly remodeling the kitchen one cabinet at a time to prevent shutting it down for a long period. It is a very slow process but something I can do now since it is in the heated house not the backyard. I work on the tractor when I get a warm spell and am at a convenient stopping place on the kitchen. It wasn't very warm today, but it was tolerable enough that I could work outside for a while. Hooking up the driveshaft is easy. I still have to do the wiring under the dash, and may have another area that will take a while, but I am not going to talk about that yet. I'll get it done, just will take a while longer.

It is just a really cool project Rod. I know the feeling, I have a heated garage with too much crap to move, I am slowly cleaning it so I can get the 7016 in to rewire and mount the motor. Its getting there. When it warms up I need to finish the bathroom remodel... Can't cut tile outside with water when its 5 below like this morning!

It is still too cold here to do much on the 7125H, but I did install a couple additional decals. I made the decals myself using my inkjet printer and a decal kit that my wife bought for me at Hobby Lobby when they opened a new store in town. This is the kind of decal that needs to be wetted, then the decal slides off the paper backing. Don't know if it will last, but I think they look pretty good for now.
[img]/club2/attach/HubbardRA/decal1.jpg[/img]

Come on Mike. SS is a Chevy logo. I am more of a Ford person. I would never put SS on one of my tractors. Can't use GT because to most people that would just mean garden tractor. I guess I could use SE for Special Edition. Guess I will just leave it the way it is.:O:p