Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wheel paint?

THEPATRIOT

Anybody know of a good white spray paint that would be correct(close)for 1985 Simplicity wheels?I want to paint them tomorrow after i get them sand blasted.

I preferr Rustoleum Antique White for wheels, here is an example.
[img]http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/unterwagj/El%20Cheapo/P8120022640x480.jpg[/img]
John U

I just dropped the wheels off at the sand man,be done tomorrow morning.I'm gonna go with Rustoleum,either the canvas or antique.Not sure what one yet???

I personally think the antique white is a little too dark for the later model tractors. I've heard that the canvas white (Rust-Oleum) or ivory are a closer match.

quote:
Originally posted by timflury
I personally think the antique white is a little too dark for the later model tractors. I've heard that the canvas white (Rust-Oleum) or ivory are a closer match.
Canvas it will be!:)

Good choice Shawn..............
quote:
Originally posted by THEPATRIOT
quote:
Originally posted by timflury
Canvas it will be!:)

Well i picked up the wheels from the blaster($5-each),then went to get some paint.I couldn't find the canvas white anywhere!!!I went home and looked through my supply's and found 1 can of Valspar primer and 1 of gloss white(both tractor paint)that i bought for a project last year.After letting them bake in the sun for a while,i shook them up and went to town.Here's a pic of the sandblasted wheels,and one after being sprayed.

quote:
Originally posted by goodtimo
approximately how many rattle cans does it take to do the rims? I'm going to do my front and rear rims soon. Thanks in advance.
All depends on the brand of paint.It took a full can of the Valspar tractor paint from TSC to do the fronts.The rears will take a bit more,not looking forward to it!

to answer the Q it depends how fussy you are.... i did the top of my rear fenders with 2+ cans of valspar AC orange of course it took my 4+ coats till i was almost happy.... : ) i need a sprayer setup!!!!