Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dav

fuel system

dav
i have a B-1, Big Ten, Landlord 101 and a B-12. the B-1 and the Big Ten came to me with glass bowl style fuel filters. the other 2 did not have them but i have since installed them. were these original to the early A-Cs and Simps? the landlord has been sitting for several months. when i put gas in it today, the float was stuck and gas started running out of the carb. it has done this consistently. (same with the B T and B12 but not the B-1) i am tired of having to tear apart the carb to clean it every time i want to use a tractor. is there a cure? i suspect the ethanol in the gas is messing up the needle valve in the carb. and what may be different that the B-1 never has a float problem?

Chris727
The B-1 and the Simplicity 700/725 tractors were the last to have the glass sediment bowls. All of the B-10's, B-12's, and Landlords came with an in-tank filter with a built in shut-off, not the glass bowls. I have had ethanol problems in tractors that sit for a few months.

RobS
When I fill up my 5 gallon can I automatically add STA-BIL to the can. This way all of my small engine powered items are always protected in case something ends up sitting around...