Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Apology to the membership

donmoore1904

I want to apologize, if this is an appropriate place to do it, for not understanding how "Private Messages" work. Yesterday, Scott told me he was "PMing" me, so I figured out how PMs work, and it is a great feature. Then I realized somebody out there was previously ignored. The blinking Private Messages button didn't wake me to the fact I should click it. Also, there was some popup that would flash by quickly that I never paid attention to. I have received a lot of help on here, and it is very much appreciated. Whoever I didn't reply to, please accept my sincere apology. Nothing like offering someone a hand and it just hangs there. I'll deserve it if 10 people say that they were ignored :D Don

If you go up to "My Area" then "Private Messages" you will get a list of the private messages that you have gotten. Click on the one you missed and open it. You can read the message and also tell who sent it.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
If you go up to "My Area" then "Private Messages" you will get a list of the private messages that you have gotten. Click on the one you missed and open it. You can read the message and also tell who sent it.
Hey Rod. Yes, I know how it works now. It is an awesome feature. I think new messages must expire, unless I am mistaken. I was under the impression I didn't pay attention to the blinking button for a few weeks and it went away. Now that I know how it works, I won't be screwing up again. Don

I believe there is a program that Kent (?) runs that will delete PM's. I know I rarely delete my PM, but when I go back later to double check a PM that I recieved it is gone. Rick.........