Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Needed: belt part # for FDT blower on Lg-frm RBT

OrangeMetalGuy

Ok I have my blower mounted on the large-frame (courtesy of hitch by Burntime). I measured (using a string) 135" approx. around the PTO and the blower pulley. Does anyone here have this setup, and a part # for the belt you are using. I thought I asked and got an answer on this before, but can't locate it using the search.

Based on this page: http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/belts/belts_pg18.htm The closest Simplicity makes is part #176451, a 134.5" HA type belt. If I remember your earlier post, you're running a FDT blower on a 7000 series tractor. This isn't a stock setup and therefore I don't think Simplicity ever spec'd a belt for this application. You might have to go with a generic belt.

Yeah I figure the belt might be the weak link. When I measured using the string it was 135" but that was of course with the string (since it's so thin) down in the bottom of the V on each pulley. The string was fairly tight but not like you'd hold a snap line string. I might try a cheap generic belt first to get the size right. I don't know if the Simp dealer will let me return belts that don't fit if I am taking several sizes to find the best one.

Looks good Scott! If you do find the right belt length let me know... There is a dealer in Sussex, WI and supposidly he knows exactly the simplicity belt. I have been told this by like 3 different guys. The 135 sounds about right though...

quote:
Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy
Yeah I figure the belt might be the weak link. When I measured using the string it was 135" but that was of course with the string (since it's so thin) down in the bottom of the V on each pulley. The string was fairly tight but not like you'd hold a snap line string. I might try a cheap generic belt first to get the size right. I don't know if the Simp dealer will let me return belts that don't fit if I am taking several sizes to find the best one.
Good tip for measuring belt, wrap two sided tape around pully then pull your string around it, works great