Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need Help With 1964LL

Bull_79

When I got this thing the throttle wasn't hooked up right can someone take some pictures of theirs and post them for me? Any pictures of the motor and such will help. Thanks...Brad from PA

I did a short search and found this much for you; http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=59051&SearchTerms=throtle,linkage

On my 1974 10hp briggs, there is a spring on the vertical linkage in that picture - it actually slips over it, and connects pretty much to each end. I don't know if the 64 vintage have a similar spring.

Do you have a rod with it? When I got mine it was missing. I took a stainless steel bike spoke(happen to have a bunch) and formed a hook to install in the carb end. Push upward on it to close the throttle plate and make sure your gov arm is also up on stops. Form the hook to match and voila it should work. Never had any trouble with it since. I'll see if I can get some pix tomorrow, but the gist of it is those two positions lining up.