Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

new hybrid project

s_stephen

This is a 72 homelite t-16 that I got from my dad(smilinsam). He took the motor out for his hybrid 2012 and I got the rest.

I am going to install a sunstrand hydro and hydro lift out of a 916 parts tractor that I have laying around.

The power plant is of two options, a 16 horse single cylinder Briggs like factory, or a 16 horse vanguard v-twin Briggs.

well I got the the old shuttle trans removed from the tractor and I found a large mouse nest around the drive shaft under the dash. Tomorrow night I will be bolting in the sunstrand trans and start the engineering process to mount the hydro lift and hydro lever.

The new tyranny is bolted in and I have decided to use the vanguard v-twin as the power plant. I set it in the tractor to find out what drive shaft configuration I need and from there I can align the engine bolt it down,and figure out how I will run the lines for the hydraulic lift.

I did not have to notch the frame but I will have to get a oil filter relocation kit or notch the hood because this engine has the oil filter sticking straight out the side so the hood wont shut.