Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sickle bar

osenga

Hi there I just got back from picking up a sickle bar and got it all mounted up on the B12 and made the setup to hold it up with a chain and since my B12 has the hydro lift I need the longer belt would anyone have the correct part # for the belt that I need since the tractor has the hydro lft is 4 inchs longer

The hydro lift has no effect on the belt length The 4" difference is the frame length between the B12 and the B-112 from the BGB back. The B12 is 4" shorter than the B-112.

I have a 62 inch belt that i got with it and it is to short what length of belt do i need my dealer has no idea what to order any help would be great I would like to try this out

If your dealer was any good and had any ambition he would look it up in his belt and blade guide or on parts smart on his computer. 990346 46" Sickle Bar, Drive Belt# 2156120 Length 63.1" Type HA And while your at it don't run it at more than half throttle.

Well the sickle bar is up and running now rand to my local ace bought 63-64-65-66-67-68 inch belts and it ended up being the 66inch belt and this thing works great make the ditches a whole lot quicker mowing now and thanks for all your help guys and Maynard soory about not putting the sickle# was just not thinking sorry about that But I sure like the help you do and everyone else give on here Learning as i go on the fdts

well do you guys put any type of oil or spray on your bars to keep them from rusting up when not in use for say winter storage?? If so what would be the best to use ??

• 1 month later...
any suggestions on where to get a parts list/diagram for the sickle? I have a broken part (now that I just learned about the 1/4 throttle advice).

Thanks. It is the crankshaft (101006) which is broken. It appears to be cast iron - better to try and locate one somewhere (where?) or repair or have a new one machined somwhere?
quote:
Originally posted by CarlH
You can download a manual from Simplicity tech pubs using the sicklebar MFG #.

I have a bunch of odds and ends sickle parts remaining. Shoot me a PM (with a picture of the broken piece) and I will see if I can help.