Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mike_sdak

300 series to 900 series compatibility

mike_sdak
Hello. I saw a an Allis 300 series which I am considering purchasing. I would use it for parts for my 917 H. How do the following interchange between them? - engine - tiller - BGB - fuel tank - other major parts ? Thanks in advance,

RayS
900 series uses a cone clutch on the BGB. The 300 series doesn`t have a cone clutch. Engine shouldn`t be a problem with the correct drive shaft. The twin cylinder in the 917 has a shorter drive shaft than what is used on a single cylinder. Gas tanks are different and sheet metal are not going to work either. The 300 & 400 series Allis are total unique. They have no Simplicity equivalent. Tires should change without a problem. That is if the offset one the rear rims are the same on the 300 series as the 900 series. The offset makes a big difference because of the cone clutch on the BGB in the 917.

sammiefish
if it actually a 300 series tiller the bar for the top hitch will not fit... yours would require a 1" bar the 3/400 bar is 1 1/8" UNLESS the tiller you have was made late 74 or later the 300 might have the retrofit kit which would fit your 900. on the 3/400 series you can see a sleeve on the bar making it 1 1/8" you might be able to mill down to 1" or get the 1" bar for the tiller all else is the same.

Obsessive_AC_912H
I was recently in a similar situation. My first was a 312. I found a 912H that was good for parts, so I bought it. When I started comparing them, I found pratically nothing that would interchange. I can't speak about attachments, but as far as the design of the mowers, they are worlds apart.