Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My Tractor Hauling Trailer................My Luck.

LesH

I made a tow behind highway trailer to haul my tractors. It is a single axle version. Problem was that I made it a couple inches too narrow between the fenders as the decks would not fit. Well, yesterday I cut the feders narrower while they wer mounted on the trailer. Turned out fine-- got the couple extra inches. Cleaned up, got tools back, took another look and I noticed a dark smudge on the outbooard side of the right tire...........I cut the tire with the sawsall down to the cord. peeled open. Some of those little jobs turn into expensive ones.

I know a guy that bought a 1 year old car that hit a telephone pole and it fell on it, crushed the trunk, roof, hood, and front and rear glass. He bought it for next to nothing and was excited to fix it. Well he welded the new top on...he did not cover the seatssm00 That was the worst looking interior ever for a car with 25k on it. Yep, sometimes its worth the extra step...