Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
THEPATRIOT

Transmission question?

THEPATRIOT
A friend has a 7016 ith a shuttle trans. and hates it.I have a 7010 parts tractor with a 6 speed(3 speed with hi/lo)Can we bolt in the rear end from my tractor to his?He's not concerned about the hi/lo and will leave it out.We want to do this tomorrow if possible,and help would be great.Thanks

OrangeMetalGuy
Should be a bolt-in. The rear will bolt right in, but you may need to make sure the bushing is there for the hi/lo control lever. I am guessing the shift linkage will fit right where the current Shuttle shifter is. I would expect the hi/lo would go right with it so leave it there, you'll want it later on. Basically you are removing the 4 bolts that hold the BGB to the frame and the driveshaft. So anything to the rear of that will come along for the swap.

Bailey
What you really should do is help your friend repair/readjust his shuttle. As far as I am concerned, a well maintained shuttle is one of the best drive-trains offered on these mowers. Don't get me wrong, I love my six speeds. But, I'd almost rather have a shuttle than a hydro. Once you tear one down a couple of times and get used to the adjustments, they are very convenient and easy to mow with ......

THEPATRIOT
quote:
Originally posted by Bailey
What you really should do is help your friend repair/readjust his shuttle. As far as I am concerned, a well maintained shuttle is one of the best drive-trains offered on these mowers. Don't get me wrong, I love my six speeds. But, I'd almost rather have a shuttle than a hydro. Once you tear one down a couple of times and get used to the adjustments, they are very convenient and easy to mow with ......
He wants it gone 100%,no changing his mind.

OrangeMetalGuy
Actually, I'd have to agree with Bailey. If my choice is a hydro or shuttle, the hydro wins. But, if the choice is a 3speed or a shuttle, the shuttle wins, hands down. Why is he so set against the shuttle?

THEPATRIOT
The shuttle keeps slipping,he can't adjust it right.The tractor is owned by a bird watching club and is used by guy's in their 80's who have a hard time driving it correctly.He and they,want a simple basic 3 speed.No changing their mind at all.