Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1966 Simplicity 2010 Landlord project

SimplicitySwede

I bought a pair of Landlords off of craigs. I got a 2010 and 101. The 101s tranny has something a matter with it. So I am gonna restore the 2010 for now. Im debating with either getting the old briggs rebuilt or getting a diesel for it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SimplicitySwede

• cojo92

• timflury

• dhardin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

same dilema with my landlord. Waiting on maybe a Hatz or Lombardini to maybe shake it self loose and magically appear in my shop. A Deutz would be awesome but i have never seen a single cylinder before. Good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by dentwizz
What's the tranny prob? I would rebuild the briggs. At least until a diesel came along:D
I think it needs forks. Im gonna try opening it up

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You've got your work cut out for you on the tank. It looks like one of your seat bushings is broken, part # is 2157094 and they sell for $4.85 each. If you leave it like that, the seat might be a little loose.

That tank looks worse than the tank I did on my Landlord 101. I,m not sure but i took some pic and posted them here i think of the complete tank rebuild i did. Just for your aid, All i used was gas cap threads. The steel i used was from a discarded metal shelves. I rolled the top and side to the size and them made end caps and soldered the cap inlet and sides together. I soldered a washer on the bottom and then threaded it for a shut off valve. The painted metal shelving cleaned up good and made soldering a lot easier. To check all the solder joints I made a cap with a tire air inlet valve to pressurize the tank with air. Then submerged it in water. If no bubbles then its ready for paint and gas. Once you put gas in the tank its real hard to get everything clean again to solder. This thin metal soldering works better than brazing. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Great job on the tank and seat! The way the tank was originally, im sure it didnt hold much fuel! I to have been waiting for the 'diesel engine fairy' to drop one off at my place...id like to get a 2 or 3 cyl yanmar or kubota from a semi trailer refrig unit.

I would take a single cylinder jus cuz i know it would fit nice. i saw a B10 on here with a Diesel

Ordered my 2010 rear tires today. Went with 23X8.50-12s Ag Carlises. I kinda wanna fill em but dont know wats the best to use. Will be sand blasting my rims this weekend. Tires ill prolly get for the front. http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-New-4-00-8-Tri-rib-3-Rib-Front-Tires-Tubes-4-ply-/380209572283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588641a9bb

Jared, I talked to my buddy after we chatted and he said he would go out to his barn and snap some pics for you of the model tag(s) that you need a pattern for. He will get pictures of both of his machines cause he explained to me that the tag for the hydrolift has BOTH model numbers on it and the tag for the manual lift tractor only has the one. Like me, he said it was just a matter of him actually getting out to the barn and uncover his stuff to snap photos. He's either going to bring me the removeable media from his camera, or actual prints. Stay tuned.....