Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

ac yellow spray paint cans

wanted to know if anybody would be interested in custom spray paint cans for that old ac yellow that everyone has trouble finding??? currently restoring my 66' b-10 and i am either going to have the paint mixed($30 a quart) or i know a fella who's in business for himself making custom color spray bombs for trucking manufacturers. probably looking at 5 to 7 dollars a can depending upon the kind of orders i can drum up. let me know if you are interested. would be great for touch ups, too. this guy can 'can' any color you want (almond, orange, etc.). going to stick with ac yellow right now unless there is big demand for another color. thanks,chad

beamer
Chad, I would be interested in buying two cans. Depending on the color match, quantity and quality of paint. I would then be interested in buying 6+ cans. Just for your comparison. Im using a cross reference from the paint code on this site: -Dupont Centari Acrylic enamel #45739A Brt Yellow Chrysler -Dupont Chroma Base #45739K Impact yellow Chrysler. Just in case you want to compare. Like I said I would try two cans first. Thanks Mike Beam

SmilinSam
How many cans in a case? It takes me about 6 to do a tractor. Like the previous post I'll be interested in a few to try out, more if it proves worthy. SmilinSam

i met up with bill today and showed him a side panel from my 66' b-10 that was in very good condition. i told him dupont dulux 421 was the only current paint code that i have ever seen reference. he would rather match it up to an original part which suited me just fine. good quality paint. he just filled an order for 5000 touch up cans of ford blue for a major retailer(who it was he didn't say). price is going to be $7 a can plus shipping until i can order more than 2 cases at a time. i'll try to post pictures as soon as i've painted some parts with them. also going to consult the local ac experts in this part of N.C. to see if it meets the seal of approval. thanks, chad

he told me it was going to be ready sometime next week. i'll check with him monday. right now i'm in standby mode with my b-10(sanding, priming,etc.). definitely let you know something monday. thanks,chad

got it today and man it looks good! perfect match(it took long enough). please e-mail me if you want some. thanks, chad