Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Bring on the leaves !!!!

SmilinSam
Getting close to having all the projects in the tractor shop wrapped up before winter. Today I Got this setup all fixed up and operating..
[img]http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/Smilinsam/More%20stuff/Picture207.jpg[/img]
Now I can do open country cleaning in the large parts of the yard with that one, and get the tight places with this one which I fixed up last year...
[img]http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/Smilinsam/More%20stuff/Picture208.jpg[/img]
Much to my dissapointment the frame mount tractor has a dead battery.C Also worked on repairing the sickle mower and got that almost done. Next project is to finish the spout rotator for the snowblower I started two years ago:D

Bailey
Sam .... I'm not as familiar with the AC's, but something doesn't look quite right here. A twin on a 700 series, and that grill? I don't think I've seen a notched frame on a 3000-7000 series tractor. And the section under the battery/fuel tank is box shaped like a 900 series. What is that thing???

SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by Bailey
Sam .... I'm not as familiar with the AC's, but something doesn't look quite right here. A twin on a 700 series, and that grill? I don't think I've seen a notched frame on a 3000-7000 series tractor. And the section under the battery/fuel tank is box shaped like a 900 series. What is that thing???
What it is is a late 700 series that has a early 700 series hood on it. I got the trsctor with that oppsed twin in it for $50 not running for parts. I robbed the Hydro out of it and swapped that into the 900 series in the other picture. Took the twin out and threw it under the bench for parts and tossed the frame in the junk pile. 6 moths went by and I picked up the frame mount vac and needed a tractor for it, but pickings were slim. Thought I'd try that twin out and see what was wrong with it. Broke breather was all so I fixed it and put it back in the frame and put a pretty decent shuttle tranny I had under the bench in it and Wallah!... a decent running tractor. I put the 700 series hood on it because I could simply make a nice neat cut out for the exaust pipe to stick out the front. The late hood had been badly butchered by the ones who put the twin in the tractor to begin with. They did such a nice job notching and re-inforcing the frame, its a mystery why the did such a hack job on the hood. Right now the lights in that hood are back up bulbs in Automotive style sockets for the bulbs. Would like to try some LED back up bulbs one of these days to see if they are any brighter. I think they would look better too. The real prize is that 42" deck under that tractor. Its a brand new deck that only was used one season:D I got it on another junk tractor I picked up.^

Sign in to follow this