Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Help new comer to Allis-Challmers

I was just given a AC 310 Deluxe and need some help be a JD person normaly ANY help on any of my questions would be nice. 1) Where is ID plate on these tractors so you can find out what year it is? The engine is a 1971. 2)Where do you go to get a good repair manual and operator manual? 3)Where do you go to get parts for this tractor? 4)Sine Simplicity and AC seem to be so closly tied, did Simplicity buy out the AC line? What happend to AC? 5)This tractor has a brokent axle shaft tube on the Rt. side. Since this rotates when you turn it, how hard is it to replace? How costly is it to replace? Are parts for this job still availeable? 6)What does a good used axle go for? As I said up top ANY help would be great and please excuise any miss spelled words. Dave

JordB110
You can get manuals from Simp. Their nuber was mentioned in an earlier post. Your local AC, AGCO, or Simp. dealer should have some parts. Or sponsors of this site such as Sandy Lake Implement or others as well. AC bought out Simp. back in '65 or '66. AC was bought out during the decline in the farm market of the '80s. I think a new axle is $500 including labor. I don't know where an ID plate is. Jordan

Rudy
Try giving a call to Marie at Simplicity. A few years ago she was working in documentation and got me some manuals. Her number was/is 414-284-8519. As I said this as a few years ago. She maybe a VP by now. Very helpful. Rudy