Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs 16 electric connections

Michiganmobileman

Hello all, This is the motor that I am going to drop in the Grader. But I need some help to ID the the connections that are on the side as it has a geared starter. Anyone know what originally hooked to these and what sort of charging system this has?? Or would I be better off to put the S/G, belt and regulator on it? 326437 0135-03 7609281
[img]/club2/attach/RayS/16hbriggs1.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/RayS/farelectric1.jpg[/img]

Thanks Greg

Do you have the cover that the voltage regulator in my picture is sitting on? My alternator is the 10 or 16 amp regulated and is different that what you appear to have. Yours looks like a dual circuit-fused (early style). BLT would know for sure.

Just throwing ti out there, but either way the wires should produce an AC voltage. If you can locate the one that grounds the ignition, hopefully yellow. That is a kill wore, and the other will have to run through a diode to go from AC to DC to charge your battery. Just me experience, outrageous and crazy always works fo rme.