Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
onebadfish

Sunrunner fun

onebadfish
Found this locally and just couldn't leave it sit at the curb. It seems a bit underpowered with its 8hp B&S but cuts really well. The PO did a hokey repair to raise and lower the deck and it is missing one of the wooden control knobs, but other than that seems very clean. Still has the lead weights in the rear and seems otherwise complete. MFG number is 1691457 any idea what year? Also looking for a source for that missing wood control knob. This is an addiction, now I need to add a b10..hehe Thanks, Tim

sammiefish
pretty cool... ive been looking at a Deutz version of this (Im intrigued by the weird green) is that really where the gas tank is supposed to be??? if it is ... WOW...

onebadfish
I understand your attraction to that color green for sure. It gets better than that, it has dual tanks both located in the same place, port and starboard...never seen anything like it, and it is my understanding that is the correct arrangement of them.
quote:
Originally posted by sammiefish
pretty cool... ive been looking at a Deutz version of this (Im intrigued by the weird green) is that really where the gas tank is supposed to be??? if it is ... WOW...

onebadfish
Thanks John, It is very clean, I love that it has the lead weights in the back still. It needs a bath and an oil change. The only thing I am going to do is try and repair that half done repair with the bracket added with chain to hold up the mowing deck. It still raises and lowers with it but looks hokey to me.sm00
quote:
Originally posted by comet66
Sure looks well cared for, great save.

onebadfish
yea kinda unique both are gas tanks, not sure if dual tanks was optional or?
quote:
Originally posted by rpickle
I like those Sunrunners. The few I have seen pics of, there is a tank on the side. I was wondering if it were the hydraulic reservoir?

Sign in to follow this