Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grader Blade

RUMBLEFISH

I am looking at buying a grader blade and have a few questions. Its for the older model simplicitys and AC but I want to make sure it will fit mine. I have an AC Big Ten and a H212 so my question is will it fit and what should it include as far as brackets and all. Im kinda new to this and dont want to buy the wrong part. Also the seller said its in nice shape and he is asking $250 and I just want to make sure its a fair price. Thanks

The grader blade will fit any large frame tractor; Mfg #'s are 990298 and 1690038, there maybe others. You can see a pic of one here: http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/1967_2012/42_grader_blade.htm Not sure if the old style foot stirrups would hit the running boards of newer tractors. This wouldn't be a problem for your FDTs. The stirrups allow you to stand on the grader blade to add down pressure. Probably a bit more comfortable than standing on the blade edge as I do. There are 3 main parts: the blade, the attachment bracket, and the pull bar (hitch). The pull bar hitch is basically a FDT type front blade hitch without the lift bracket. The attachment bracket accepts the nose of the pull bar and has a hole for the "angle pin" so that the grader blade can be set at three positions just as a front blade (angled right, centered, angled left). Check out the manuals to see all the parts. $250 seems high to me, but the grader blade supply seems limited compared to front blades. I'd think more like $150 to $200 depending on condition.