Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
theoldbadcars

bearing question

theoldbadcars
if anyone can help, my deck on the broadmoor rattled then came apart, Guess that is the next project. Anyhow, the bearings seem to be Hoover #Z95048. Does anyone have a crossover to a common bearing, maybe available at the auto parts store. Just an out of the way question, why the grease fitting if the bearings are sealed, Seems kind of crazy, or should the inner seals been fished out of the bearings when they were installes, Thanks for the help. Sorry so long, but i need the dimensions for both deck belts too if anyone has redone a broadmoor lately. Again sorry for the probably stupid questions. But thanks to you all for keeping my little hobby alive.

dentwizz
I just took the belt to Tractor Supply and compared. If I recall it was a round number(unlike the other ones on it). On the seals/grease fitting debate, my vote is to side with your removing the inner seals and grease it like crazy. A good place for bearings is either McMaster-carr online. If you have the ability to measure it accurately you can just look it up on their site by measures.