Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Smolenski7

Hour Meter

Smolenski7
I have a 2009 22/44 Regent. Since the day I got it the hour meter was not easy to read, parts of the numbers would be visible while other parts were not. In other words an 8 would look like a 9, or a 7 would look like a 1. About 2 weeks ago it just stopped working. I called my dealer, but he wants $80 for delivery. I can't justify that cost b/c the meter itself is only $30. I have a ton of questions: Does anyone know how I can find the model number? How about step by step directions on how to replace it, if necessary? If it needs replacing, is there a way to set the meter to 75.25 hours?

RayS
The part number would be in he parts manual. You can download a manual at the Simplicity site for your tractor. When I bought my Prestige new it had a 2 year warranty. My hour meter has gas guage and other indicator lights running in it as well. Mine quit working after a year and Simplicity replaced it. Your tractor is only a year old and you would think the warranty would cover it.

305SS
I stop in at my local dealer for an hour meter and he said here use this but they are cheap. I bought the $30 dollar on instead of the $80 dollar one.[ because i was being cheap] It work fine all summer long, put the tractor away for the winter, pull it out next spring, mined you I pull the batteries out of my tractors for winter. And it read all 8888.8. He could not warranty it because it has a 90 day warranty. He being a good guy gave me one with 48 hours on it. Now I will buy one just to cheaply made and made in china:Y

dentwizz
Would that be a candidate for a mechanical unit? It sounds like the digital readout wasn't built right. Usually the cases I have seen of digital LCD failure were from prolonged heat/freezing exposure. Yes, freezing is detrimental to lesser LCDs.

Smolenski7
The part number for the hour meter I want is 1728068, I think. The manual says that it is for the B&S V-twin only. The engine I have is the 22HP OHV Intek. Is this the meter I want? There is another hour meter on the schematic, it is for either a Kohler or a B&S single. The part number is 1729993. I was thinking, based on some of the above replies, that I probably don't want to buy the same meter again. Is there another meter out there that I can buy and install myself that is an upgrade in reliability? The model number of my tractor is 2690575.

Smolenski7
Ok, so I ordered an hour meter from my dealer today. He said that it's easy to install, but I've never done it before. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to remove the old one and install the new one? Also, is it possible to set my new hour meter to 75 hours? That was the reading I had before it went KABLEWY!