Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Best AC or Simplicity

Tuffy

See also the post below for reference. I think the best of them all is the B-110. In addition to the superior cut of the 42" deck, the B-110 had the narrow tires on the front end and could turn on a dime almost. It was/is so manuverable in tight places it deserves a high rating. Also, the 10 HP Briggs is just hard to beat. It pulls with torque of an engine of much greater HP - it really lugs.[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=3874&mode=short&startwith=0']http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=3874&mode=short&startwith=0[/a]

for me the agco918.the tractor can do anything.love the power and the power steering. seat is very comfortible and like the hand controls on the throttle and the hydralic lift lever. ps.proven again a 40 yr old tractor desizn is very relible and comfortible to operate. also any of the b series would be the best on my oppion only. agco 918 chad e shafer

For me, it is a hard call. My brother and I acquired a pair of HB212's and a 725 Simplicity. The HB212's had been ridden hard and put away wet a lot and we only have one running so far. The 725 used to mow a 4 acre field with a sickle bar for the better part of 20 years and got repowered with a 16HP B&S engine about 12 years ago. The previous owners even ran it for a while on propane. We still have the replacement carb setup with the hoses and fittings for that. The 725 is our workhorse for everything from pulling dead cars (my brother did that) to mowing my 1 acre lot (complete with chuck holes). I really can't wait to restore that one someday. For right now, it's too useful to be torn down. The running 212 is at my current house and I use it plow and blow snow and mow my back yard. With the 48" deck, it only takes me about 20 minutes to mow my yard twice (no bagger, have to cut and then blow the clippings into the middle for the push mower to bag). I really love both of these tractors and look forward to the day I can buy my Legacy to supplant (not replace) these old beauties! As old as they are, they require very little to keep them running. I don't believe that a machine should need constant repairs every month or so like my dad's MTD Yard Crap. I don't know how many sets of blades and tie rod ends he has gone through on that in the last 3 years (since it was new). Keep the old iron rolling! Clayton

• 1 month later...
I LOVE THE AC B-110 it definitly turns on a dime, on mine on the dirt workshop driveway I slide the front end around in the mud. Just quickly wrench the steering wheel over hard and watch the mud fly. This stunt works on all mowers. Just dont tip over!!!!!!!! its driven through big mud puddles in my yard up to the tops of the front wheels and didint die just pushed right through! Thats my kinda playing with a tractor!