Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

64 Landlord

snohiker

well after bouncing around from ct to nh for four days its finally home thanks to patriot (shawn) and dsgloves (danny) now the fun starts got the lift freed up and the motor turning over stil working on the steering as its really stuck but it looks savable thanks again shawn

consider these the before pics of a winter project

looking good!I should have took a pic of where it was in the guys woods!!!Another one saved,can't wait to see the "after" pics 8D

Very nice find it looks just like mine did 3 months ago. See how the throttle is ran with the tab that's how mine was setup is that correct or should it have gone down through the holes next to the rod?
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/snohiker/104_2974.jpg[/img]

I'd say your right but thought maybe someone would chime in on this. Have fun with this rebuild and a quick tip and I have many but with the rubber strips on the front take them off clean them with thinner then let them soak in bleach over night and they'll look like new.

Nice find Robert. I see your LL has the large, speed reducing pulley on the tranny. Let me know if you would consider selling it, as I have been looking for one? Thank's, Jim........

quote:
Originally posted by snohiker
hey jim im looking for a hi lo right now if i find one ill let u know on the low speed pulley
Thank's.............

Great save!! Words of wisdom!! The throttle cable is correct. Don't dry crank the 23D with out first pulling the front nose cone (bearing plate) off and throwing a little gear oil on the crank journal. You can very easily score the surfaces, especially if this engine has sat dry for a long time, which is looks like it has. There are no "bearings" on the crank of the 23D engines, so care is a must when resurrecting them. When you take the nose cone off the front of the engine, you will be able to oil the flywheel side through the hole. Make sure you replace the nose cone with the "top" mark, on the top. It's easy to miss if there's a lot of dirt on the engine. There is a hole that oil gravity feeds into on the nose cone that lubes the crank journal. I have a number of videos posted that will help you along the way. Here's the link in the tech pubs that may prove helpful. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109736 I currently own 5 1964 Simplicity/Allis Chalmers large frames along with others and if it's gone wrong, I've experienced it...lol. Always happy to help out if you get stuck, so don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Nice machine there. Could I talk you into taking some close up shots of your air cleaner??? I'm restoring an engine and those decals are correct to my engine. I'm going to order a set of decals and so far, yours look better than the examples on my engine.

sure tim im going to take pics of all decals that are good for the same reason the only one i cant make out is the one on the gas tank
quote:
Originally posted by timflury
Nice machine there. Could I talk you into taking some close up shots of your air cleaner??? I'm restoring an engine and those decals are correct to my engine. I'm going to order a set of decals and so far, yours look better than the examples on my engine.