Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

48 Deck parts

RUMBLEFISH

When I bought my B212 it came with a 48 inch deck. The shell due to thickness is good but lots of rust and problem areas on the hardware. I might have access to a 7117 deck and wanted to know if all the parts could be swaped over. I know the adjuster handles look different but was wondering if it would all work? Thanks

Spindles are different length and sit at a different height in the deck shell. The rest should swap out. The pulley at the top of the center arbor is a bigger diameter that what is on your FDT and would slow the spindle speed down. I been thinking about putting the newer style shorter spindles in the old style deck shell for some time now. Would gain around 3/4" to 1" more on cutting height.

So Ray if I understand right then if anything it would just give me more height when cutting? And if I buy the proper pulley then I should be good to go? And are the pulley's still able to be had? Sorry but a true novice is what I am.:D

The heigth would increase because the new style spindles are shorter than the FDT spindles. Also the FDT deck spindle mounting area is higher than RBT 48" decks. They set the mounting area lower in the RBT for the shorter spindle. My only beef with these decks is the measily 3-1/8" cutting height that was offered (and everything better be perfect to get that). One reason I bought the Prestige is because you can get nearly 4" from the 50" deck. I haven`t done it yet. plan on working on it this winter. All the pulleys are available that I am aware of. I plan to put this on my 916H and I have all the pulleys I need. My center pulley has the top and bottom pulley welded together. I also have the different hubs as well. I believe the bolt hole spacing on the center hub may be different from the FDT to RBT but any thing can be fixed with a welder, torch and a drill press.