Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

does a wheel horse......

Timothyb

Does any one know if i might be able to switch an 10hp kholer motor from wheel horse. I need to know if i can switch the oil pans from a 10hp kholer from a cub cadet. serial number for wheel horse k241 a e221628 spec no. 46484d

If it is a narrow block from a cub cudet it will not fit. narrow blocks oil pan bolt from the bottom through oil pan into block. Wide blocks come from the top. the blocks are different sizes. and if you want to use a frt pto shaft size and length are a factor

They are not a direct bolt in, but I had a 12 Hp Kohler from a Cub Cadet in my 61 Wards (Simplicity 700) for a couple years. You will have to make some engine mounts and a driveshaft adapter. I can help with both if you want to go that way.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
They are not a direct bolt in, but I had a 12 Hp Kohler from a Cub Cadet in my 61 Wards (Simplicity 700) for a couple years. You will have to make some engine mounts and a driveshaft adapter. I can help with both if you want to go that way.
Sounds to me like he wants to put it in a Cub Cadet Rod.....

Well, Sam, I don't do Cub Cadets. I gave away the last one I had. It was a 12 Hp 129 Hydro. All it needed was a starter-generator. Gave it to an old guy who really needed one. I do have a couple Cub Cadet engines in the garage. For some reason people like to give them to me.:D

I took the motor of my 12hp kholer that we rebuilt that keeps breaking rods. I think it is that the rods are after market so i am going to try and put a kholer rod in it.